This year we enjoyed the GBE Family Fun Run, a 1.6 mile walk/run around the neighborhood. It was a really hot day, but not very humid which was nice, and most of the course was shady. It was the kids first exposure to a race...at first Abby was gung-ho about running and Peter walked with me. Then on the second half Peter ran with Wayne and Abby walked with me. Ab's got pretty tired by the end and wasn't sure she would finish, so I lured her to the finish line with a long (purposefully drawn out version) of Mom and I climbing up the mountain in Zimbabwe.
Here is my Facebook post from that night: Last night at the fun run: Abby: I'm tired, I want to stop. Me: If we stop and rest it will be even harder to get going again. Abby: Why is that girl stopped? Me: She has a rock in her shoe. (pause 1...2...3...) Abby: I have a rock in my shoe!
All in all it was a fun time and I think it gave us all a greater appreciation for what Wayne is doing in preparation for hit run in October.



1 comment:
We did the Pat Tillman run here a few months back. It was tons of fun. Steve loves to run, so as I always say, I wish that you guys lived closer so that he and Wayne could run together. He is going to be doing a half marathon in the next few months.
Post a Comment