Sunday, June 8, 2008

Just another busy weekend

Its another busy weekend. Sometimes it seems like we'll go a month without anything other than normal errands and housework planned for the weekend. Then, just about the point where I start to think I'll go a little stir-crazy, things will start picking up...we've been happy to host both sets of my parents, Mom and Bill during their spring migration north, and Dad and Susan for a live Garrison Keillor show at nearby Wolf Trap Theater. Add to that the normal spring onslaught of birthday parties, and preparations for a garage sale and well, you get the picture.

This has been a particularly interesting week because Wednesday we had severe thunderstorms rolls through and take out the power in much the area. We were only out of power for about 30 hours which was manageable (but it happened to be the last 30 hours before I had a HUGE deliverable due at work!). Others in the neighborhood lost power for another day just at the temperatures started to rise into the high 90s! We've heard that three tornado's touched down in the Northern VA/DC area! Anyway...hot hot hot now and yesterday was the community garage sale. I thought that we'd have a puddle of melted Little People and Power Ranger toys by the end of it!

But, now, Wayne is heading west with Peter and I am heading north with Abby for birthday parties...so until the next 10 minute block of time...

No comments: