On the agenda today is raking the front yard. It is a gorgeous day...almost summery. Last year we waited too long to rake and it was cold and the leaves were wet from rain the previous week. It was kind of miserable.
I asked the kids whether they wanted to jump in piles and they said no. Last time I'd made a bunch of little 'bag sized' piles, and then the kids came out and jumped in them and I had to rake them all over again. This time I thought I'd be proactive and do one big pile for them and a bunch of bag sized piles for me to clean up while they played. But, since they said they weren't interested in doing it, I just went for the small bag sized piles again. Of course, once they saw those they changed their mind. I told them they could have any five piles they wanted to combine into a big pile...and without prompting, they decided that they would do the job of combining the piles themselves (wow!) . They chose the five biggest piles (smart), which were not neccessarily the ones located nearest to each other, so they had a lot of work to do to combine them. They also annexed the sidewalk leaves from our house to the corner to make their pile even bigger. About halfway through they decided to get two their play tunnels and bury them under the leaves. They settled themselves in, I went and got Wayne to see their pile and when he asked where the kids were I looked confused, called out their names and enjoyed the look on all three of their faces when they popped out of their hiding places.
No comments:
Post a Comment