I've written about the inauguration in 7 posts (and now I kind of hate the word). If you are interested in reading them chronologically then you should start at the "Inauguration 2009: Getting Started" post and work backwards. There are some other posts before that, which are from my mobile phone, but that didn't work very well. I'm leaving them in because it was my first attempt at doing that and I think it is kind of neat...even if it didn't really work.
I haven't edited them yet, so please forgive the misspellings and run on sentences.
5 comments:
What a wonderful depiction of the day. You captured the joy and the frustrations great. Love MOM
Thank you for doing this. It was fun to see the difference in how your inauguration experience was versus mine. I'd say yours was the more adventurous and memorable. But given my propensity towards needing potties at certain times, hating cold, crowds and generally not being a big people person...I'm thinking my choice was probably the best for me. ha ha. Is your blog open to the public? I'd love to send a link to it to several teachers who would be interested in your experience. Plus, reading your thoughts and Dad's one-liners might make ME make more sense to them! hee...
Tracy - well, I'm with you on the crowds, cold and being around people (especially working from home - the small talk at a grocery store can fling me over the edge). I think that was part of why I wanted to go, I think once a decade I need to do something completely out of my comfort zone that I can talk about later to make people think I'm more interesting than I am. Now I can spend 10 more years basking in the hum-drum :)
The blog is open in the sense that if you send a link to it people can read it, but it isn't on the blogspot search. Please feel free to pass it on to anyone you think has the stomach for it. (And I also had more than one person comment that they now have more insight into my sense of humor...did I ever tell you about the meeting I had with a higher up who said "You know, I never used to get what you were saying, but now I realize...you're funny"...ah...those are the moments we live for!)
I LOVE that comment. I'm sitting here laughing so hard I had to take a long intake of breath and made a sound that reminded me of Anne's old hamster laugh. One of my "favorite" comments I've received was back in college. I rarely wore makeup or did much to my hair for class, but when I cheered I did the whole she-bang. A guy came up to me the day after a pep rally and said, "I never realized how cute you were until I saw you with make-up on. You should wear it more often." Um...thanks?
Loved the posts....absolutely LOVED 'em (every single one!) I got to watch bits and pieces on a little tv in a semi-packed cafeteria at work....WITH a bunch of really rude men that talked (loudly I might add) through the entire speech. I gave them the evil eye several times...to no avail. One would think that they could have respected the others watching the speech even if they didn't respect or care for the person giving it. I was however glad to have the opportunity to watch it at all......would have loved to have experienced it the way you did though Lori... and the pictures were great too!
I do have one comment though...Tracy: Hamster laugh?!?!?! I think I should feel slightly offended (but I'm not, because I seem to remember that. Ugh! Things we wish we didn't remember.)
Post a Comment