Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Achoo....

After one glorious day of winter, we've now been hit with colds. Abby has the beginning of strep, Peter has a yet undefined fever with stomach ache and I'm feeling a little whisper of sickness too. Poor Wayne is holding us all together while trying not to get sick himself.

On top of that my work computer bit the dust and I'm in a perpetual loop with the I/S help desk at work. Apparently I need a modem to log in for the first time, but I can't set the properties for the modem until after I log in for the first time. You can see the problem.

Here's hoping you all are fairing better

2 comments:

Tracy said...

So sorry all of you are ailing (even the computer!!) know that frustrating! How is Abby handling strep? I remember it as being very uncomfortable and feeling like nothing was right with the world. And now you feel the icks...don't you know that Mommies are allowed to get sick? I know Wayne will take good care of all of you. My man's take on the whole sick thing is to be totally oblivious to everything, make demands on everyone and then, when he comes down with it, apologize because "if you felt as bad as I do now, I should have helped out more." Schmuck! ;)

lbhaney said...

Actually, both kids seem to have a fairly high threshold for pain. I was really surprised when it came back as strep because she had not complained at all about her throat. Other than not being particularly frisky, you wouldn't know from her behavior that she is sick, although her face is flushed, eyes have circles etc.

Knock on wood, I've managed to miss most of the yuck, and even better, Wayne has missed it. Poor guy seems to get the worst version of anything that comes in the house! Peter keeps hoping he'll get sick...he covets the time at home on the couch and curiously orange medicine that smells like bubble gum.