

Well, Peter has successfully completed his first 100 days of school! The kindergarteners had a 100 day celebration with all kind of 100 related activities. Wayne was able to go in and help the kids create a necklaces made of 100 fruit loops. For another activity each child brought in 100 pieces of food to add to the 100 Day Soup. The photos are of Peter counting out 100 jelly beans for his contribution and Peter on his first day of school 100 days ago! Oddly enough, it looks like he is wearing the same clothes!
We continue to be impressed with how much he has learned in kindergarten. All I remember from my kindergarten experience is the "Letter People", and he already knows all his letters, UPPER and lower, can count by tens, sings songs about Dr. Martin Luther King Jr., identify drays in trees (I had to look that one up!)and maneuver confidently around the computer! I am amazed and proud...and from the looks of the projects I see older kids bringing in to school...just a little intimidated ;)
1 comment:
And so goes the reasoning behind the TV show "Are you smarter than a 5th grader?" The answer is a resounding, Nope, not really. I'm so glad Peter is having a good time in Kindergarten. Now that I have a window by my desk I have lots of little people waving at me as they pass in the hall. I always give an extra hearty wave to my kindergarten friends in honor of Petey-boy!
Post a Comment