Rats and Bats: If you are sensing a silhouette theme for this year's crafts then you are right. Part of this is because I love the look of them and the element of surprise...but it doesn't hurt that I have an entire pack of black stock paper on hand, which means that I can sit in the living room with the kids and churn these out in the corners of the day.
Inspiration pictures
My stairs are carpeted or I'd have put my rats up similar to the inspiration...instead I put some over the mirror and doors inside, and along a blank wall on the front porch. The bats I'd meant to put on the blank wall over the TV, but instead put on the large window on the porch. I really like how they look behind the fuzzy flying bats that I normally have. It also solved the problem that the faux boards we use to make the house look boarded up just don't seem to stick any more and this allowed me to put off dealing with that until next year.
![]() |
| From Drop Box |
![]() |
| From Drop Box |
Vampire Gourds: These little guys turned out to be unexpectedly popular. I believe the inspiration photo ises real gourds, but I found styrofoam ones at the Dollar Tree so I used those. I believe the directions called for red push pins for eyes, but I used beads from my old jewelry making stash. Not only did the gourds get lots of comments on Facebook, but they also ended up starring in a movie Abby made for a school project. I'll make more of these next year, and Mom gets first dibs on a set since she asked first :)
![]() |
| From Drop Box |
Next up: The snake wreath - and Pinterest Bloopers!






No comments:
Post a Comment