Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Next year ideas

I didn't get to do all the ideas that I wanted to this Halloween.  So here are some pins I'm thinking about for next year...as well as some that I think are cool, but don't think I'll do:

- Need to start working on Abby to be a peacock next year.  Gorgeous color!

- Pumpkin lanterns.  Our display already has a few lanterns in it.  It would be awesome to line a path with a combo of pumpkins and real lanterns.  Pumpkins were too expensive this year because of the weather.



- Haunted pumpkins.  Wayne wants a haunted pumpkin patch.  These are paper mache (sp) and were on my list for this year, but I didn't get to them because they take about a week to layer up.

Source: spookyblue.com via Lori on Pinterest


- Eyeball Wreath.  This is totally awesome, but I don't think I'll make it because glow in the dark eyeballs are pretty expensive...this would be a $50-60 wreath...who knew!



- Skelly guys.  I probably wouldn't put these on drinking glasses, but might on candles or candy jars.

Source: bhg.com via Lori on Pinterest


- Speed demon pumpkins.  Doesn't fit our theme, but this totally cracks me up.

Source: bhg.com via Lori on Pinterest


- New Sign.  We love our 'Point Unpleasant' sign, but we might trade it out for this one next year.

Source: bhg.com via Lori on Pinterest


Next year we hope to make some more tombstones, and hopefully finally do the obelisk we've been dreaming about for 4 years.  I'm thinking of having a tombstone party and invite some friends over to join the fun.  Let me know if you are interested.

I hope that my review of projects past (and projects still to come) will inspire you to 'get your craft on'.  I'm living proof that you don't need to be very artistic or spend a whole lot to pull off some pretty cool (or as AMJ says KEWL) things.



No comments: