
The subject line is a quote from Peter this afternoon. Apparently he and two of his friends from his after school program are planning to make a Star Wars Republic Gunship. Not a model... a full working vehicle that they can zoom around the neighborhood in. Apparently lots of thought and planning have gone into this - culminating in this conversation:
He: "Mom, do you think we could meet someone who knows how to build planes?"
Me: "Well, we know someone who flies planes."
He: "Nah, first we need to build it - not fly it"
Me: "Well, maybe he knows someone who builds them?"
He: (not sounding convinced) "Maybe" (Sorry Scott...)
---Later---
He: "We also need to find a way to get missiles and lasers."
Me: "....."
He: "Do you know where we can get those?"
Me: "....well..."
He: sigh
Me: "Well....the government doesn't allow regular people to have missiles and lasers. Can you think of something else you can use instead?"
He: sigh..."bullets?"
Me: "...."
He: sigh
Me: (brightly) "How about...ping pong balls?"
He: sigh...."Ping Pong Balls....Mason will love it when I suggest ping pong balls."
Me: "He'll laugh?"
He: "Yeah, we laugh about moms saying stuff like that all the time."
Me: ...sigh....
1 comment:
I'm not kidding you when I say that I have conversations like this with Jake every single day. Some of them have centered around Star Wars as well, and have been almost identical to what yours was. I think that Peter and him would be inseperable if they lived near eachother.
Post a Comment