Monday, February 16, 2009

Girl Scout Daisy's

Just wanted to post some pictures of Abby's investiture from a few weeks back. Abby is really enjoying the Daisy's and was all into the investiture ceremony. She memorized the pledge and her 'petal' text right away, and during the ceremony could be seen mouthing the lines of the other girls as well.
From Daisy Troop 5542 Investiture


From Daisy Troop 5542 Investiture


We were all able to attend the ceremony which made Abby really happy. It is easy to forget that little things like that can mean so much. Peter was obviously really proud of Abby, and got a little ego boost as well. When he walked in all the girls started yelling "It's Peter, Hi Peter!" After two seconds of embarrassment, he positively strutted over to his chair ;)

This Friday we are participating in something called "Thinking Day" where all the troops put together a display representing a different country and provide a snack representing that country as well as giving out a "swap" which is a little hand made pin**. The girls got together last weekend to put together our display for Togo (our troop mother's husband is from Togo) and Abby wowed them all with her display of Togo trivia. I was kind of stunned because I'd pulled some things off the internet and went over them with her during lunch and was convinced it was a waste of time because she seemed so indifferent...and then at the meeting out of the blue she starts rattling off the flag design and their first olympic medal information. I'm sure the other Mom's think I'm a big show off and had done Togo flash cards or something, but honestly I wasn't even convinced that she would remember the name Togo...so I was just as stunned as they were. Anyway - I'll post some pictures of the event this weekend!



** Ask me some time about what I accidentally started calling the swaps ... not good!

4 comments:

Susan and John said...

Great pics. Abby is really paying attention. Abby & Peter both have brains, good looks and personality oh my! Love Susu

Tracy said...

On my honor I will try...
Oh, my heart is just swelling for you. She's growing up!

KathyBell said...

Just think of all the cookies you are going to eat in the next few years!!!!!
She sure is beautiful - just like her momma...

Kerry and Steve said...

What sweet pictures! We're great cookie customers...I wish you lived closer. :)