Sunday, February 22, 2009

Random bits...

Wayne walks out the back door and Spencer almost trips him coming in. Wayne says "Get out of my way, dingleberry" and goes outside. A couple seconds later I hear Abby singing "dingle-berry, dingle-berry". It must have been kind of a knee-jerk song creation because she doesn't remember doing it now.

Peter is walking around the house looking for his General Grievous Lego Ship and getting increasingly frustrated that a)he can't find it and b) the rest of us aren't dropping everything to help him look. I take a break from adjusting our netflix queue and start to ask him questions to help determine were I should start looking...but I give up on trying to help when I ask this question "When did you last play with it." and get this distracted answer..."Uh....tomorrow?"

Spencer has this weird obsession with going outside. He'll go out, wait about 5 minutes and then come back to the door and meow to get in. Then he'll be in about 5 minutes and meow again...wash, rinse, repeat. We've instituted a new rule that the second time he goes out at night he has to stay out for 1/2 hour - we even have a timer since Abby thinks we'll forget him and pesters us the whole time as to whether it is time to come in (which means that we have Spencer on one side of the door screaming "MEOW" and Abby on the other side screaming "PLEASE"...and they feed off each other...pressing paw to hand dramatically through the glass door.)

Abby's made up this fabulous new game that involves throwing a kitty ball at a target, but also includes jumping dramatically and various scoring rules (using a mancala board and plastic beads). In addition to the crazy game itself, she has an opposing team she plays against and she has invented a variety of different ways in which they CHEAT (we had to ask her not to use Germany as the opposing team, since Peter had done a report on the country and was partial to them...my apologies to all of our Italian friends)! Last night she played out this story for well over an hour with non-stop high-volume color commentary.

2 comments:

Tracy said...

I can't WAIT to see them at Disney! I must say, however, that it is very gratifiying to read other moms write about the craziness that is their kids...only because it makes you realize that the craziness that is your OWN kids is actually just normal kid stuff. I can remember my kids doing the same or similar things when they were Peter and Abby's ages.

Kerry and Steve said...

Jake is forever looking for a star wars ship or clone trooper, figure, etc. I can totally relate. The truth is that I stun myself sometimes by actually knowing where they are, even when it is completely obscure- like "Mom where's my clone trooper with the blue helmet?" Me: "I saw it downstairs on the front table just behind the picture of Reese, half under the large brown envelope at the bottom of the stack of mail." :) I always finish it up with a "I can't believe I knew that" comment to myself. Ha!