Sunday, February 8, 2009

Report cards

Got the kids report cards today and wanted to do a little brag post. Peter is doing well with O's and G's pretty much across the board. He is still working on his "Written Communication" - the only 'S' on the page - he must have gotten my handwriting genes or something...;) He got a 'G' for effort on his Written Communication so we are excited, because we thought we saw an improvement in his attitude towards writing and were glad that his teachers noted that too (and that were weren't just in parental denial).

They don't do report cards for Kindergartners the first quarter (do a conference instead) so this was Abby's first official progress report. They 'grade' the kindergartners differently, using a 1-4 scale to show progress relative to the quarterly expectations for the average kindergartner. For all the language arts related items she got 5's (yeah I know I said a 1-4 scale, but they do have a 5 for 'exceeds kindergarten standards) so we were pretty happy for her and for the math and science she got 4's.

Both kids got the coveted 'Exemplary Behavior' award for their classes this quarter as well, so we were very proud of them. They were more excited that the BOTH got to be at the awards assembly together than they were about the actual award...but that makes me happy too!

Abby also had a poem published in the school newspaper:
Gingerbread House:
This gingerbread house is made to capture a gingerbread boy.
It worked.

We are still waiting to hear back about results of the county judging that Peter's Washington Monument picture was in.

Ok...bragfest over - now I need to go hug my kids for being such all around sweethearts - especially since I've been kind of fussing at them a lot more this weekend than usual.

2 comments:

KathyBell said...

Well, in this case they take after their grandmother....

Tracy said...

Yippee for Abby and Peter! Give them great big hugs from Auntie Tracy, Uncle Kenny and the cousins. Oh, and I think your handwriting genes skipped sideways because Little Kenny's handwriting always reminds me of yours. I think it's more due to the leftie thing, though.