Sunday, February 22, 2009

Awww he's still my little boy!

Usually when the kids are taking their bath I putter around folding laundry or cleaning up. Along the way I'll take their discarded clothes from out of the hallway and replace them with their PJs (after making a mental note to remind them where the hamper is!). I put their PJs in the hall because the bathroom is so small that it is hard to have all three of us maneuvering around at the same time, so after one kid is out and dry they are sent out in the hall to finish getting ready for bed (and on cold nights this ensures there is no naked dilly-dallying).

Anyway, tonight just as Peter is heading in to bath he sweetly turns to me and says "I just love it when you switch out my dirty clothes for my PJ's during bath...its just like a little bit of magic." Awwwww...so sweet - and earned him a short reprieve from the hamper lecture I'd been planning.

3 comments:

Tracy said...

Awww...so sweet! Once they figure out they can use the sweet against you...it's all over. Just like when my kids figured out when I'm mad or fussing at them all they have to do is make me laugh and that's it...lecture over!

KathyBell said...

Out of the mouths of babes...

I usually tell you all that you ought to write these down but this blog keeps a diary for you.

Why don't the two of you write a book.... make enough money to keep us all in styles we never have become accustomed to...

Kerry and Steve said...

With my kids getting bigger, sometimes it's the little things that they say just like that which makes me realize that there is still just a small bit of "little" in them- which of course makes me SO happy. :) What a cute story! Sounds like you make an awesome clothes fairy. :) Hee, hee!