Sunday, December 30, 2007

Christmas fun

Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas. We had a nice, but quiet day. On Christmas Eve we delivered treats to our neighbors and then Wayne read some Christmas books to the kids before tucking them in.


The kids decided to sleep under the Christmas tree to see if they could spot Santa, but the tricky dude managed to sneak in, eat cookies and leave presents. The reindeer even played a round of table top shuffleboard (Blitzen is apparently quite the master!).


Peter got up around 5 am to tell us that the cats were rummaging in the Christmas presents....but no one was quite ready to start the Christmas Carnage so we all fell back to sleep until after 7. We all had a fun time opening presents ... Wayne had gone all out wrapping my presents in sneaky ways so that I wouldn't be able to tell what anything was. Peter spent the rest of the day working his way through all his new toys - there was not a single thing of his unopened or unplayed by the end of the day. Abby was a little less methodical but still managed to enjoy most of her new presents. I think I spent the whole day taking off twisty ties and loading up batteries.



As always, Wayne created a wonderful Christmas dinner. We each helped out with a part of the meal so we all felt very proud of our spread. We also made a Gingerbread house which turned out a whole lot better than our attempts in previous years....although Abby is still disappointed that she can't eat it.
The rest of the holiday week has been nice. Wayne and the kids have played a lot on the Wii, with Paper Mario a clear winner....only slightly beating out Dance Dance Revolution! I had to work Wed-Fri, but got started early so that I could have some time in the afternoon to play. We started taking down decorations yesterday, which is always bitter sweet. I love getting the space back in the living room and finally finding homes for the new toys, but it is sad to acknowledge another Christmas is passed and the new year is just around the corner.

2 comments:

Tracy said...

On our way to the Christmas Eve service Johanna commented, "That's so sad!" I asked, "What's so sad?" She replied, "That there's only 366 days until the next Christmas." She's sooooo my child! We haven't even had THIS Christmas and she's already frumping around about the next one!!!

Wayne said...

She is a smart kid! :-)