Tonight, for the first time, Peter read to me an entire book without help. It was extra special because he grabbed the book off the library shelf and said "Oh, I know this one..." sat on the floor and started reading it out loud and was mad that we had to leave before he was finished. So, "Are you my Mother", a Dr. Suess book by Eastman is his first official book. YEAH!
One of the things that I love about his school is that the 1st grade teachers work on reading comprehension by emphasizing that the kids should act out vocally what is going on in the story. So when Peter reads out loud, he does different voices and if there is an exclamation mark! you can hear the exclamation a mile away! It is great.
What is the first book you remember reading? Mine is the Lion is Down in the Dumps. Tracy and I found the series once upon a time, I think on E-bay, and I could kick myself for being too much of a weinie to buy them. Perhaps I'll take a quick look again over lunch.
No comments:
Post a Comment